Math skill development will be encouraged through activities that help children:
• identify basic shapes: triangle, circle, square, rectangle, diamond, oval.
• sort by shape, color, size, weight.
• compare and describe size—long/short, big/small, etc.
• reproduce a pattern using objects.
• count from 1-20.
• recognize numerals 1-10 and put them in order.
• count 5-10 objects and answer how many.
• develop one to one correspondence.
• develop math vocabulary, e.g. simple fractions such as a quarter or half instead of big or
• understand measuring concepts.
• understand combinations of numbers and/or simple addition and subtraction concepts using
pictures or objects.